Any trade equipment that has communication interfaces with a computer can be used to work with the program.
Commercial equipment can be conditionally divided into the following groups:
- Fiscal registrars;
- POS printers;
- Printers for printing labels;
- Electronic balance;
- Electronic scales with label printing;
- Barcode scanners;
- Standalone barcode scanners (Data Collection Terminal);
- Bank terminals;
- Readers of magnetic strips from cards (Card readers).
According to the communication interface, the trade equipment has the following differences:
- Communication with RS232 serial port;
- Communication with USB port;
- Communication using a network interface (LAN).
All these devices can be connected with the program for the output / input of data of trade operations.
Data exchange occurs by writing temporary data to a text file. This file is then processed by a scripting shell, which in turn serves as an intermediary between the program and the OLE / ACTIVE-X hardware component designed to work with this hardware.
Such a mechanism allows, on the one hand, to connect any equipment that has OLE or ACTIVE-X components in the set, on the other hand, to isolate the program flows of commercial equipment and programs, which gives high reliability of such a connection.
In addition, the use of open source scripts does not restrict users in their choice of trade equipment. An expert with sufficient qualifications can connect any additional equipment if necessary.